Playlist of the week

After spending half of last week putting together a playlist of Brandi Carlile's music, here are the results. After seeing that Brandi received three Grammy nominations, I was inspired to put a playlist of her music together. I think she is grossly underrated in the music industry and I am totally rooting for her to win a trophy or more. Although Brandi sounds nothing like legendary country artist Dolly Parton, I do hear a lot of Dolly in Brandi's lyrics. Both artist are great storytellers. I am torn though over the Album of the Year category, I love Janelle Monae's Dirty Computer album but I also want Brandi's latest album By the Way, I Forgive You. I have included some tracks off the tribute album to The Story and Cover Stories featuring covers from Margo Price, Kris Kristofferson, The Averett Brothers and Dolly Parton. I'm regret not going to any of Brandi's shows when she was in town last month but I did dropped good money for the upcoming Massive Attack show at The Palace and Ali Wong at the State Theatre next year. One day I will see Brandi Carlile live. One day.

Songs to check out: 
Downpour
100
Whatever You Do
Have You Ever
Beginning to Feel the Years

Comments

Popular Posts