My current favorite songs of the week

Happy Friday and for me a long weekend (i.e I took Monday off from work)!

This week I spent quite a bit of time listening to a lot of Brandi Carlile's music catalog on Spotify for a playlist I created thus I have quite a few Brandi Carlile tracks on this week's playlist. My favorite Brandi albums are definitely The StoryBear CreekGive Up the Ghost, and Brandi Carlile.

I have quite a bit of local music featured on this week's playlist from the likes of Atmosphere, Maria Isa, Tiny Deaths, Astralblack, and The Lioness. Love the songs "Virgo" by Atmosphere and "Tuyo" by Maria Isa at the moment.

I have made a concerted effort to listen to some of the 2018 releases that I had not listened to more than once. I really wanted to like the new Amaranthe album Helix but it sounds like every other album. I think it is time to ditch the male singers. They get on my last nerves. I do like the song "Countdown" but I swear I could have heard it on their last album Maximilism.

2018 has been an amazing year for darkwave/post-punk music. Most of what I have heard has been incredible. Unfortunately I haven't been all that impressed with the new albums by Ash Code, Adult.,
and to a lesser extent the new KVB album (but it is slowly growing on me with each listen). One of my favorite releases in the genre is The Upper Room by VV and The Void (an album I think that has gotten buried underneath a sea of new releases in the genre. I am also really digging Panic Priest  by Panic Priest.

Believe it or not I have some country music by The Highway Men and Allison Moorer. Their music is good, Kenny Chesney and Brad Paisley not so much.

Songs to check out:
"Violet Noon" by The KVB
"Rhythm X" by Black Nail Cabaret
"Virgo" by Atmosphere
"100" by Brandi Carlile
"Galaxy Ballroom" by Birds of Chicago
"The Holy Ghost" by Panic Priest
"Tuyo" by Maria Isa
"God Machine" by VV and The Void

Comments

Popular Posts