Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

Albums:






















Playlists:










I have been listening to quite a bit of new music lately. I am particularly fond of Rupert Gregson-Williams' score for the new Wonder Woman film. I have been listening to that album a lot, at home as well as at work. I think the music is part of the reason why the film is such a hit on so many levels. It captures the emotions of the film. To me, this is one of the best film scores I have heard in five years. I love it as much as the film itself.

Today I discovered Cellmod released a new album last year called Graveyard of Empires. I just finished listening to the album. I love what I heard. I certainly can recommend checking it out. I wish I knew about it sooner though like oh say last year. lol

Yesterday Under the Spell by The Birthday Massacre dropped. I have been enjoying it a lot more than their last 2-3 albums. In the past, I just haven't been impressed with the band's material after Walking with Strangers (which is my favorite TBM album of all time) but this time the band released a really strong album that I can listen to from start to finish. "Endless" and "Under the Spell" are my current favorite tracks from the album.

Since the Ego Likeness/Stoneburner show last weekend, I have been listening to When the Wolves Return and On the Folding of Space. I admit I have neglected Ego Likeness's When the Wolves Return album for awhile so it was nice to rediscover the this past week. While I was at the show, I bought the last copy of On the Folding of Space. It is a really good. I have one other Stoneburner album from the previous show Ego Likeness show at Amsterdam Bar and Hall. I normally not into instrumental music but Stoneburner's music is really interesting. There is some really interesting, complex rhythms and sounds. I kinda get the same vibe from some of my favorite '90s techno acts but with the beats amped up .

My other favorite album right now is The Dream by Tashaki Miyaki. The album has some really great melodies that easily gets stuck in my head. I feel like I am listening to early Lush, My Bloody Valentine, Cocteau Twins, and Slowdive. I really like that Metropolis Records is branching out with the artists that they signed. I can hardly wait to hear more music from Tashaki Miyaki.

I know I already wrote a bit about the new Hydrah EP Siren on a couple of blog posts here this week but this EP is definitely worth hearing. The music Hydrah puts out is not contrived, commercialized dance music. 

Comments

Popular Posts