My favorite songs of 2017 [so far]

Since I posted this week some of my favorite albums of 2017, I thought I would share with my readers my favorite songs [so far] since the year is halfway over.

My top 3 favorite songs of 2017 definitely has to be "Return" by NamNamBulu, "I Know a Place" by Muna", and "Forsaken Love" by Xandria. All three songs are so damn catchy. I constantly listen to them every damn day have yet to get sick of any them. Those songs are earworms I do not mind getting stuck in my head, especially "Return" by NamNamBulu. Haven't heard a futurepop song this year that comes close to being as good as that song.  I have to admit I wasn't impressed with the new Xandria album. I wish it had more songs that were as memorable as "Forsaken Love".

Another great song I love listening to and it gets stuck in my head is "Out of My Head" by Tashaki Miyaki. I recently discovered this band a few weeks ago. As a fan of artists and bands like Tamaryn, Lush, Belly, Slowdive, and Mazzy Star, Tashaki Miyaki satisfies my shoegaze craving. I would love to see Tashaki Miyaki hit the road with Tamaryn. That would make for a great concert.

Although "16 Psyche" is not as catchy as the other songs I have mentioned, the new Chelsea Wolfe track is great. Very noisy but I like it. The song is a nice contrast to the rest of my playlist. Definitely the darkest song.

One of my new favorite songs is "Last Night On Earth" by Empathy Test from their Losing Touch EP. I discovered this band earlier this year. Really great synthpop. I have yet to hear anything by the band that I didn't like.

My current favorite song is "12th Night" by The Eden House with Monica Richards on vocals. This song gives me the chills. I am so ordering a copy of the album tomorrow when I get paid. I have been listening to the new Eden House album all week long.

Comments

Popular Posts