My current favorite songs of the week

Believe it or not, I actually have some new music featured on this week's playlist in between some old faves of mine. I would have included something from the new Collide album but I haven't heard it yet. I will put in some new Collide music on next week's playlist.

Got some local music on the album by the likes of Autumn - US BandGraveyard ClubDevata Daun, and Paul Westerberg. Can not go a week without featuring my favorite band Autumn. I can't help it. lol

If you haven't heard of Tashaki Miyaki, you have now.  If you are a fan of bands like My Bloody Valentine and Lush, I definitely recommend checking out TM. Tashaki also reminds of Tamaryn (who opened up for Lush on their brief reunion tour). I just heard their latest album The Dream a couple of days ago. I absolutely loved what I heard. I love the song "Out of My Head" is my current favorite song from Tashaki Miyaki. The song is so dreamy and infectious.

I finally got around to listen to the new Slowdive album again. The first time I listened to it I guess I was in a bad mood because the music didn't really sink in with me. After work today, I listened to the album and I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I did the first time around.

Marnie  from Ladytron has a new album. I just finished listening to it tonight. I really liked what I had heard. Still miss Ladytron though.

I will be honest I am not a fan of Pentatonix but when I heard their cover of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" tonight I was really surprised by how good it sounds. I think their version sounds as good as the original.

Jury is still out on the new Blondie album but there are a few good tracks on the album. One of my favorite tracks is "Doom or Destiny".

So Lords of Acid is hitting the road this summer. One of the bands touring with them is Night Club. They kind of remind me of Nyxx. I only listened to their album once today. I will have to listen to more of it before posting my final thoughts. I did like what I heard so far.

Threw in some oldies from the '90s like Paul Westerberg, Toni Childs, and Robert Miles (RIP).

Comments

Popular Posts