Album of the week

Considering all the new releases that dropped last week, it was a tough choice to pick which album would be my Album of the Week pick. At the end of the day, I chose the new Helalyn Flowers album Nyctophilia that had just been released  this past Friday. I love the band's sound which is a fusion of new wave, metal, industrial, and electronic music. Their previous album Sonic Foundation was a solid release but it lacked the infectious melodies of White Me In/Black Me Out (the album that made me become a big fan of their music), and left me somewhat unsatisfied. The first time I heard "Kamikaze Angel" prior to Nyctophilia's release, I knew I was not going to be  disappointed. The song had really great hooks and solid beats. I have listened to the album twice today. The music keeps getting better and better with each listen. I am really liking the more electronic/synth sound on this album, on previous albums Helalyn Flowers' sound has been more balanced between metal and synth. The remixes are alright but I have never been too crazy about remixes. I love "Kamikaze Angel" but I would have liked to have heard a remix or two of "Unleash the Wolves" and "Breathless". Overall great album.

Songs to check out:
"Unleash the Wolves"
"Kamikaze Angel"
"Breathless"
"Beyond"
"Morphine"

Comments

Popular Posts