My current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! I keep forgetting this is Friday, not Saturday evening. I took today off from work. Here is this week's playlist of my current favorite songs. Got some new music by Hydrah, The Lioness (local Mpls rapper who will be opening up for Psalm One in July), Mazzy Star, Autumn, Chvrches, and Melotron. The rest is some older tracks. 

I love the new Mazzy Star EP Still. It is very chill and relaxing to  listen to. I am particularly fond of the song "Quiet, The Winter Harbor". I hope their is a full length album in the horizons. I wish I went to their show the last time they were in Minneapolis.

Hip hop music isn't really my cup of tea but I do like a couple of artists, one being Psalm One (from Chicago) and the other is The Lioness (from Minneapolis,MN). I will be seeing both of those artists next month at 7th St Entry. The Lioness recently released a new album called Greater Vision. It is a pretty solid album from what I have heard, certainly need to listen to the album more to let the music sink into my head. I dig her sound for sure.

I have to admit I wasn't crazy about "Get Out" when I first heard it but after listening to it on Love is Dead, the song has grown on me quite considerably. It is a super catchy tune.

The new Hydrah song "Fire" is fantastic. I also love the new Melotron song "Menschen". I hope their new album will be as good as this single.

I have been listening to all three Autumn albums this week because I am getting super psyched for their upcoming show at Red Sea on 6/16. So of course I have a track from all three albums on this week's playlist.

Songs to check out:
"Quiet, The Winter Harbor" by Mazzy Star
"Pop corn" by Marsheaux
"Fire" by Hydrah
"Great Things" by The Lioness, Tez
"Away" by Autumn
"Smalltown Boy" by Emmon
"Menschen" by Melotron

Comments

Popular Posts