Albums and Playlists I am currently listening to

I just started listening to the new PIG album Risen, so far so good. Personally I think the music is more interesting than what KMFDM has been putting out for some time now. I will probably write more about it after listening to the album several more times.  I definitely do like what I am  hearing especially "Leather Pig" which is my current favorite song off the album, very KMFDM-ish ala NIHIL.

The new Mazzy Star EP Still is fantastic. If you like really mellow dream pop, I certainly recommend it but if not a fan of really mellow music, I would pass on it.

I hate admitting this but the new Kitten EP Pink Champagne is really disappointing. The songs are not nowhere as melodic as heard on previous efforts.

Next Saturday night can't get here soon enough, the last time I saw Autumn (US band) was at the Triple Rock in 2017. I have been listening to all three albums from the band all this week. I can hear such a contrast between their new album and their previous albums. Time has certainly tempered the band. I love all three albums but I have been spending most of my days (at home or at work) listening to Chandelier.  It is so damn good. I am excited to see them live again and to hear some songs off Chandelier played live (as well as some older songs).

In the meantime the Adoration Destroyed show is tonight, I have listened to some more of Ritual Damage this week. It is an okay album but the songs starts to sound the same after awhile. Certainly look forward to seeing them live.

Really digging Mercury's Antennae a lot. A Waking Ghost Inside is my current favorite album by the band.

This past week I made a couple of playlists of music consisting of Blume and Hydrah's music. It is nice to have a playlist of all the songs by Hydrah's music. It is almost like an album's worth of her music.

Albums:






















Playlists:






Comments

Popular Posts