Current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! What a rough week I had at work and outside of work but the week is over which I am thoroughly thankful for after the crap that came my way. Today a slew of new music was unleased. De/Vision, Aiboforcen, Helalyn Flowers, Juno Reactor, and Nine Inch Nails all released new music, and new tunes by Moonlight Cove and I:Scintilla. I have yet to listen to the new NIN album. I'll post what I think of it when I get around to listening to the album.

I spent today listening to a lot of new releases. I liked most of what I heard but I was definitely not impressed with the new De/Vision album Citybeats. The first half didn't do much for me and it wasn't until "The Brightest Star" did the album get my undivided attention. My personal favorite track on the album is  "A Pawn in the Game". I will certainly listen to the album more but at the moment I am not feeling the love with Citybeats.

The new Helalyn Flowers and Aiboforcen albums Nyctophilia and Sense and Nonsense are really good. I was not disappointed with the new Helalyn Flowers album. I'm still waiting to receive my CD but in the meantime I'm streaming it on Spotify. "Unleash the Wolves" is my favorite track on the album. I wasn't even planning on listening to the new Aiboforcen album but I decided to do it on a whim this morning. I am glad I checked it out. I really dug the tracks that Mari Kattman sings on especially on the song "Tears" which I have on my playlist. I was really surprised by how good Sense and Nonsense. I definitely need a hard copy (i.e CD) of the album.

The new Juno Reactor album is pretty good but after awhile I get bored and need to move on. I do dig the track "Return of the Pistolero". It is 11 minutes long but it is one helluva track.

Even after a week since the show, I have still been listening to a lot of Autumn's music especially Chandelier. That was such a fantastic live show. I have included my favorite tracks that they have performed last Saturday night "The Hating Tree", "The Trip", "My Last Confession", and "Chandelier". It was really awesome to see the band perform the 11 minute opus "The Hating Tree". I was secretly hoping that the band would perform that song that night and they did. The band will being touring later this summer in August,I so recommend seeing them live and picking up their new album.

Because of my sudden interest in post-punk music in the past couple of weeks, I have put on a lot of interesting post-punk bands I discovered as I was putting together my post-punk playlist last week. I find myself really getting more into that sort of music and less into EBM as of lately. I am currently digging the sounds of VV And the Void, Death Bells, Saigon Blue Rain, Holygram, and Principe Valiente in particular (their music can be heard on this week's playlist). I particularly dig the sounds of Holygram who will be opening up for VNV Nation later this year at the Skyway Theatre. Their song "Hideway" is getting lots of plays on Spotify with me.

Songs to check out:
"Chandelier" by Autumn
"Hideaway" by Holygram
"Gravity" by Box and The Twins
"A Pawn in the Game" by De/Vision
"The Unknown" by Saigon Blue Rain
"Unleash the Wolves" by Helalyn Flowers

Comments

Popular Posts