My Top 10 Favorite Ashbury Heights Songs

So I was heading home from work on the 535 that goes northbound to downtown Minneapolis, I was listening to one of my Random Mix Playlists. Just as my bus had gotten off 35W to go on its detour route to DT, Ashbury Heights' "Spiders" came on. I thought I would post ten of my favorite songs by Ashbury Heights for tonight's blog. I have been a big fan of Ashbury Heights for a decade now when I was still on Myspace (which is how I found them). The male/female dynamics between Anders Hagstrom and now former vocalist Yasmine Yaz Uhlin reminded me a bit of Blutengel. Their songs were and still are melodic AF. The pop hooks just gets stuck in my head within a matter of moments when I listening to one of their songs. I was bummed when Yaz left after Morningstar in a Black Car EP and went on to form Javelynn. Kari Berg went on to fill Yaz's shoes for Take Cair Paramour. I have to admit, it took me a few years to come to appreciate that album and to get over Yaz's departure. And after a lengthy time off, Ashbury Heights returned with their third album The Looking Glass Society and with a new co-vocalist Tea F. Thime. I love the new vocalist. I won't lie, I will always have a soft spot for Yaz and the songs she has contributed on the first two AH releases but I think Kari and Tea were and are perfect for the band to compliment Anders' vocals and music.





















Comments

Popular Posts