Weekly office playlist

Due to plans I made for today, I wasn't able to upload all my video footage from last night's concert. I hope to get them uploaded by the end of the week. I will post photos and video footage one one blog as soon as possible. It was an excellent show.

This week is another four day work week for me. I took Friday off. I rather take a couple days off a month and lose PTO when the new year begins. Also it is good to take a couple of days off from work for my well being. All work no play makes me go crazy.

Last night, I was reminded that there was a new volume of Electronic Saviors which features tracks by Adoration Destroyed, FIRES, and Xentrifuge, the bands I saw last night.

Local band Astronomique has a new album out called Sharp Divide. I have only listened to it once but I liked what I heard right away. I would have gone to their album release party last night but that was on the same night of the Adoration Destroyed/FIRES show and I bought a ticket for that show ahead of time. The last time I saw them live was when Cause was still around in the Lyn-Lake neighborhood, yeah that is how long ago :-(.

Don't forget the Autumn Chandelier Release Party is this Saturday night. I am looking forward to seeing not just Autumn but A Place Both Wonderful and Strange since I didn't see them the last time they were in town. So got to listen to their music as well as the new Zwaremachine album in honor of next Saturday night's show. No doubt this will be a great show with the excellent bands on that bill. For non-MN fans, I saw on the band's FB page they plan on touring in August so hopefully ya'll will get a chance to see the band perform songs off their new album (as well as older tracks). It has been way too long for me since I last seen the band live. If you haven't heard Chandelier, I so recommend listening to it ASAP. All I can say is do not be surprised if you see it at the top of my best of 2018 list when I publish it at the end of the year.

I am so looking forward to hearing the new Helalyn Flowers album Nyctophilia. I absolutely love the song "Kamikaze Angel". It is one of my favorite songs of 2018.

Because of the unexpected death of Anthony Bourdain, I decided to listen to some music by The Kills and Margo Price because he had both Allison Mosshart and Margo Price on his show Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. Thanks to Anthony, I quickly became a fan of Margo Price. Her music is what country music today SHOULD sound like, not that Carrie Underwood/Kenny Chesney BS.

PIG and Lykke Li both have new albums out. I have already listened to the new PIG album. I like what I have heard on the initial listen. Haven't heard the new Lykke Li album. Almost forgot to mention that Psy'Aviah has a new EP out called Looking for the Sun. Also need to listen to it this week.

Today I saw on FB that VNV Nation will be announcing its upcoming North American tour tomorrow, so of course I will be listening to some VNV Nation tomorrow.


Albums:
V/A - Absolute Grrrls Manifesto vol.1

V/A - Electronic Saviors 5: Remembrance

Adoration Destroyed: Ritual Damage

Angels on Acid: Blood Sweat and Tears

A Place Both Wonderful and Strange: What I Speak I Create

Astronomique: Sharp Divide

Autumn: The Hating Tree

Autumn: Return to the Breath

Autumn: Chandelier

Ayria: Flicker

Bond: Pure Energy

Bond: Victory - The Greatest Hits

Chiasm: Relapse

Cold Transmission Music: Zeitgeist Vol. 4

Collide: Color of Nothing

A Covenant of Thorns: Forgotten

Diary of Dreams: Freak Perfume

Diffuzion: Winter cities/Ice Frequencies

Espermachine: 3rd

FIRES: Red Goes Grey

For All the Emptiness: mt EP

Frozen Plasma: Artificial

Helalyn Flowers: Kamikaze Angel

Kirlian Camera: Eclipse - Das Schwarze Denkmal

The Lioness: Greater Vision

Lykke Li: So Sad So Sexy

Margo Price: Midwest Farmer's Daughter

Mazzy Star: Still EP

Mercury's Antennae: the Guides

PIG: Risen

Psy'Aviah: Looking for the Sun

Tashaki Miyaki: Under Cover Vol.II

Zeitgeist Zero: Ghosts of Victory

Zwaremachine: Be A Light

Playlists:
Hydrah playlist

Blume playlist

I Love the '80s

My current favorite songs

Morning/Afternoon commute Playlist

Empires: My Favorite VNV Nation Songs

Comments

Popular Posts