Autumn Album Release Party at The Red Sea 06.16.18

Well it has been almost three months since three months since Autumn (US band) released their long anticipated third album Chandelier.



Initially the band and A Place Both Wonderful and Strange [https://aplaceboth.bandcamp.com/album/what-i-speak-i-create]were going to have the CD release show at Heavy Attic, which is in a low rent building on Lake and Chicago but that building was engulfed in a massive fire last month. It seemed like the show was either going to be cancelled or postponed.

Initially the show had to be postponed but that did not last long and found a new home at The Red Sea. Thanks to the unselfishness of local industrial band Zwaremachine who had a gig at The Red Sea with a couple of bands Absynthe of Faith and MY ZERO. It was obviously going to be a very long night but that was okay with me. I have been wanting to catch Zwaremachine live for sometime but those damn mood swings always got in the way, had other plans, or had to work the next day. The line up went like this: Absynthe of Faith, Zwaremachine, MY ZERO, A Place Both Wonderful and Strange, and Autumn. Great line up. DJ Apollolypstic provided music when the doors opened to the public and Dark Energy's Grant Mayland spun records before A Place Both Wonderful and Strange went on stage. I enjoyed all the bands' music but as everyone who reads this blog and is friends with me on FB and or Instagram, my heart will always be with the band Autumn. I will say that Zwaremachine killed it onstage. Their album Be A Light is excellent. Go check it out.

Since last night's show was Autumn's CD release party for their long awaited album Chandelier, I would say 98% of their set consisted of songs from the album. If you haven't heard it yet, please buy it off their bandcamp page. I always listen to it on a daily basis. It looks like it will be my favorite album of 2018. The long wait to see the band perform live again was so damn worth it. They did pull out a couple of gems from their first two albums. My personal fave they played is "The Hating Tree". In the following months after my father passed away last year along with the trauma I went through too which resulted in a lot of intense pain and anger, there wasn't a lot of music I could stomach listening to, Autumn's The Hating Tree was one of the few albums I could listen to and take solace in the music especially with the anger I was engulfed in and the title track from Autumn's first album provided some unusual comfort for me in those dark days. Yeah the band went on very late into the morning at one am but it was so damn worth it. The band sounded as good as I remembered. Loved hearing "At Summer's End", "Damage", "The Fall", and "Beginnings" live. I especially loved "At Summer's End" which is probably my  most favorite song off Chandelier. Honestly? I really didn't miss hearing some of my favorite older Autumn songs like "Red", "A Waiting Time", "How It Came to be This Way", or "All My Lovers". That is a first for me because at most of the shows I attend, there is always a song or two I wished the band played but not last night. Overall great time to be had, certainly worth staying up that late at night. I'm glad the weather was nice was enough to take a Nice Ride bike home as opposed to taking the damn replacement bus for the green line (still have nightmares over the train ride home from St.Paul after the Covenant show, that was straight up gross. LOL).

Videos from Autumn's Set:






For more photos, you can see them on my Instagram page at http://www.instagram/eanderson1974.













Comments

Popular Posts