Playlist of the week

Over the weekend, I decided to take the undertaking of updating all four of my random mix playlists on Spotify. I did some tweaking with all four playlists but I have been doing some major work on my first Random Mix playlist. I created these RM playlists for work so I would not get bored with the music while I am working which happens quite a bit. I like listening to all types of music on one playlist which includes some not so guilty pleasure pop songs. It makes my work day go by quicker or make my commute to work or going home more bearable.

This week's playlist of the week is the first RM playlist, and yes I got quite a few Autumn songs on this playlist (as well as the other playlists). I can't help myself. Got a good mix of their old and new songs although more new songs. I'm a diehard fan. I can't help myself or maybe I can ;).

My current favorite song at the moment is "A Pawn in the Game" by De/Vision. It is easily my favorite track from their new album City Beats which just came out on Friday.

I just love how melodic it is. "Tears" by Aiboforcen featuring Mari Kattman comes in at a close second. Considering how much I enjoy her work in the EBM scene, I definitely need to pre-order the Helix album which is a collaboration between her and Tom Shears of Assemblage 23.

Threw some of my favorite songs from my Post-Punk Playlist on Spotify. I am particularly digging the sounds of Box and The Twins, VV and The Void, and Death Bells. Post-Punk seems to be the only genre of music that doesn't trigger my emotions  like EBM/futurepop (i.e VNV Nation and Assemblage 23) does. At least for yours truly who is learning to cope with grief after my father passed away last year.

The rest is a mix of old songs from my youth and some super cheesy pop songs, and whatever inbetween :).


Songs to check out:
"A Pawn in the Game" by  De/Vision
"At Summer's End" by Autumn
"Quiet, The Winter Harbor" by Mazzy Star
"Utopia" by Lykke Li
"Some Kind of Progress" by FIRES
"Gravity" by Box and The Twins

Comments

Popular Posts