Albums and Playlists I Am Currently Listening to

I am glad I put together that Post-Punk playlist a few weeks ago. I have discovered some great bands in the process of putting together the playlist. One of my discoveries is the dreampop/dark pop band Box and The Twins, they are from Cologne, Germany. I have been listening to Below Zero and Everywhere I Go is Silence quite a bit this week. I am particularly fond of their full length album Everywhere I go is Silence. I also been digging the sounds of Principe Valiente quite a bit too.

The new De/Vision album Citybeats has gotten better with every listen but I can't really say it is as good as the new albums by Nordika and Unity One Venus and Awakening. Still Citybeats does have some solid synthpop tracks like "The Brightest Star", "In the Still of the Night", and my favorite "A Pawn in the Game".

One of my favorite albums at the moment is Aiboforcen's new album Sense and Nonsense. I have been listening to it every day. I did not realize until tonight that Regenerator's Patrice Synthea is responsible for most of the vocals on the album. I love the tracks with her singing. I wish I could be into the songs with the harsh vocals, not that crazy about harsh ebm as I once but they aren't too shabby. They are pretty enjoyable to listen to.

Listened to a couple of albums I had not listened to in a very long time, Cylab's first album Unparallel Universe and Depeche Mode's Ultra. It was a nice refresher course in rediscovering some old faves of mine. I am probably one of the few people who actually adores Ultra. It is certainly no Black Celebration or Violator, I still think it is a solid good synthpop album. As for Cylab, I discovered them in a magazine when I saw an ad for the Unparallel Universe and the rest is history. Satellites (Cylab's second album) is my personal fave though. Definitely recommend checking out the band's catalog.

Finally got around to listening to the new Psy'Aviah EP Looking For the Sun and Mari Kattman's Stay Up album. Mari has collaborated with Yves from Psy'Aviah on the last few albums and I love her contributions to Yves' music. Of course I had to listen to her newest album. Both releases are excellent and I think they are worth listening to. I probably would stick to listening to Stay Up at home. It is a little too mellow for me to listen to at the office (i.e I need to listen to music that is a bit more upbeat or aggressive).

Albums:
























Playlists:








Comments

Popular Posts