Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

This week has been an amazing week for music because yesterday I heard a lot of new releases. Artists and bands such as Indarra (Rhea's Obsession singer Sue  Hutton's new project), Lycia, Holygram, Kaelan Mikla, Sarah Brightman, Ash Code, and The KVB have all released new albums.  As I am writing this blog right now, I am currently listening to the new Lycia album In Flickers. It has been at least a decade since I last listened to their music. So far I have been really enjoying the new album. Very atmospheric in its production especially on the track "Late Night Solitude".

My expectations of the new Holygram and Kaelan Mikla albums were not let down on bit. They are easily two of the best post-punk albums I have heard this year. I am very much excited to see Holygram next month when they open up for VNV Nation and to hear their music live. The new Poptone album was an absolute let down for me. I was not impressed by what I heard. With the exception of a few songs, the album as a whole was all over the place. Easily my least favorite post-punk album of 2018. Speaking of post-punk, I finally got around to the new Adult. album This Behavior. Great album! One day I will go catch them live. I know Dark Energy has put on shows with them in recent months whenever they go on tour. One day I will see them. I couldn't make it to their most recent show due to the fact that it was on a work night.

I was watching Coco last weekend (one of my new favorite animated films from Pixar). It is a beautiful film. LOVE the soundtrack.

I forgot that Morcheeba had released a new album this past summer called Blaze Away. I think the last album I heard from them was Blood Like Lemonade. I have only listened to the new album once but I liked what I had heard. It isn't a bad album but I am more fond of the band's older music like the songs off Big Calm.

The new Sarah Brightman album Hymn is better than expected but like the new Morcheeba album, I prefer her older material. I wish Sarah was coming to Minnesota on her upcoming North America tour but since I dropped $100 for the Massive Attack show, going to Chicago to see Sarah is out of the question.

Not really big on EBM or harsh EBM as of lately but I was surprised to find myself liking the new Alien Vampires EP Fuck the Revolution Bring the Apocalypse. The music made my work days this week a bit more bearable with its uptempo beats.

Listened to some old faves by Massive Attack (after buying my ticket for their show at The Palace in March), Loreena McKennitt, David Gray, and a compilation of classical music.

Albums:








































Playlists:








Comments

Popular Posts