My current favorite songs of the week

The weekend has finally arrived and here is this week's playlist of my current favorite songs. Many of the songs comes from my new playlist I have been putting together all this week [150 Most Influential Female Artists] but there are some new music.

Chicago based band The Bellwether Syndicate dropped a new song today. I love it. I am looking forward to hearing a new record from the band.

Also out today is the new Dead Can Dance album Dionysus. I have only had the opportunity to listen to the album once but I am definitely feeling it. While I do enjoy listening to Anastasis (the duo's last studio ablum), I thought the new album was a bit more enjoyable.

!Distain released their latest album Farewell to the Past. I will just go as far to say that Ashbury Heights and Solitary Experiments has nothing to worry about the new !Distain album becoming my favorite synthpop album of 2018.  I honestly wish the group could write better lyrics because some of them are just excruciatingly stupid to listen to before having to quit and move on to a better album (sorry not sorry).

I have noticed that Dubstar and Inkubus Sukkubus also released new music this year (not sure when though which goes to show you how much I pay attention to those bands :P ) with One (Dubstar) and Sabrina - Goddess of the Severn (Inkubus Sukkubus). The new Dubstar album was tepid for me but maybe the music will improve over time with each listen. I do though love the new Inkubus Sukkubus album but then again I do love just about everything they crank out.

I will go into the songs from my new playlist I am building for another blog post, hopefully that will be Monday. I am very close to finishing my playlist. It has been a lot of work but at the same time I have been putting a lot of love into it. I look forward to posting the completed playlist and sharing my thoughts on it.

Songs to check out:
"Republik" by The Bellwether Syndicate
"Act I: Dance of the Bacchantes" by Dead Can Dance
"Maid of Freedom" by !Distain
"Despacito" by 2Cellos

Comments

Popular Posts