Playlist of the week

It was almost two weeks ago when I came across this article on NPR Vote: Who do you think are the most influential women musicians of the 21st century. I decided to do a riff on this article with a playlist for my blog. To be honest there is not a single artist from the past decade that I would consider influential (to me) so I opted for women who has influenced me from my childhood to the present moment. Creating this playlist was a labor of love. I believe it took me six days to put 150 songs by women who has influenced me with their music.  This was not an easy task but it was a lot of fun to work on. All these songs reflects my taste in music through out the years, the good, the bad, and the cheesy AF :D.

It never ceases to amaze me to see where I started from and where I am now with my taste in music. In my 20s, I used to be a bit embarrassed for liking Vixen but now that I am in my 40s, I am not any more. Their first two albums are fun as hell to listen to. The older I get, the less I give a fuck what other people think about my taste in music. I am damn proud of all the artists who has influenced me and has helped me stay sane in the last year and a half.

Songs to check out:
"Red" by Autumn
"Summer" by Marsheaux
"Hymn to Her" by The Pretenders
"Going Down to Liverpool" by The Bangles
"Intentions" by Aby Wolf
"Vox" by Sarah McLachlan
"No More Words" by Berlin
"Raspberry Swirl" by Tori Amos
"Skeleton Key" by Dessa

Comments

Popular Posts