Playlist of the week

Over the weekend, I decided to trash my Random Mix playlists and just have one big ass playlist. I have been thinking about deleting those playlists and starting over with one large playlist for some time, and I finally gotten around to doing that last weekend. After awhile I felt like it was a hassle to have four different playlists. I will continue to edit this playlist with music that I fancy at the time.

2018 is the year of post-punk/darkwave for me. I have been listening to a lot of post-punk/darkwave lately and less of EBM/futurepop/industrial/synthpop. That said, I do love the new albums by Blume and Ashbury Heights so I totally haven't stopped listening to synthpop music.  Right now my favorite bands includes Autumn, Holygram, Kaelan Mikla, and ACTORS all who have put out some kickass new albums this year.

On this new version of my Random Mix playlist, as always there is no specific direction like some of my other playlists. It is basically a mixtape just on a streaming platform. I always hit the shuffle button when I start listening to the playlist. The genres of music ranges from darkwave to trip hop. It is like listening to the radio minus the commercials and djs.

Songs to check out:
"1997" by Holygram
"Nornalagio" by Kaelan Mikla
"Damage" by Autumn
"Everylastingly Yours" by Piroshka
"The Passenger" by Siouxsie And The Banshees
"T5" by Swet Shop Boys
"We Don't Have to Dance"
"Superlover" by Birds of Chicago
"Autumn into Winter" by Lycia

Comments

Popular Posts