Playlist of the week

Last week, I finally got around to creating a new playlist of my favorite songs by my favorite band Autumn - US band. The last playlist I had was all of the band's three albums. For this new playlist, I trimmed it down to just feature my favorite songs from the band.

For a long time, it looked like Chandelier was going to be my hands down winner for my favorite album of 2018 however it has some serious challengers. At this moment it is anyone's guess HOWEVER the album definitely will be on my best of list at the end of the year. I have certainly been listening to it consistently since it was released back in March. I love the direction in sound the band has taken when they reunited a few years ago after a lengthy hiatus. The sound is more upbeat than its predecessors. I still do adore The Hating Tree and Return to the Breath (which has a special place in my heart since that was the first album I bought by the band not long after the Faith and the Muse show). When I was dealing with the shit that went down last year in my personal life, there wasn't a lot music I could listen to without either going into a fit of rage or getting all weepy but I listened to a lot of The Hating Tree and Return to the Breath when I would fall into the proverbial rabbit hole mood-wise. I love the dark, atmospheric sounds on those two sounds along with the slow, burn I get from tracks like "Atrophy" and "Shadowgirl".

Songs to check out:
How It Came to Be this Way
At Summer's End
Red
Before and After
Damage
Lullaby for Marguerite
A Waiting Time


FYI...the band will be playing at The Loring Bar for the Beyond The Veil - New Year's Eve Masquerade which also includes Void Vision and a couple of DJs. Jury is still out whether I go out that night because I hate dressing up and I hate NYE because of all the intoxicated fools out there. I'll most likely order dinner through Bite Squad, drink some White Claw and do some Netflix. 

Comments

Popular Posts