Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

This past week was  a very short work week. I really wanted to cram in as music to listen to as I could for the three days I was at the office so I really didn't listen to many of my playlists with the few exceptions for my morning and afternoon commutes to work and going home. I think I have a good mix of old and new music.

One of the older albums I have listened to this week is Notes From the Underground by Clan of Xymox. I think that was the first COX album I ever heard. It might have been in 1999 or sometime after that year not long after moving back to the Twin Cities from Milwaukee, WI. Or it might have been their live album. I can not remember, it had been nearly 2 decades since I came back to Minnesota in 1999 which was when I really got more serious about goth and industrial music. Anyhoo, I definitely have forgotten how good the album was. It isn't nearly as good as my favorite COX album Creatures but I do like Notes From the Underground quite a bit.

I also have been listening a lot to Nightwish's live album Showtime, Storytime this past week. I don't like a lot of live albums but I love the 2013 set by Nightwish at Wacken Air. This was the first recording with then new singer Floor Jansen (formerly of After Forever/ReVamp) and it made me a fan of Floor Jansen right then and there. I have had the pleasure of seeing Nightwish with Floor twice in the past five years, and I believe she was meant to be in Nightwish. She can really sing the songs that were originally sung by Tarja and Anette. 

Tonight I will be seeing the UK goth/pop band Pale Waves at Amsterdam so I have been listening a lot to their debut album My Mind Makes Noises quite a bit this week. I absolutely love their album. They kinda remind me of The Birthday Massacre but more pop and new wave sounding.

2018 has definitely been a banner year for new music. I have heard so much new music. There are some serious contenders for the top spot on my best of 2018 that could give Autumn's excellent Chandelier album a run for its money (that I listened to this week):
Kaelan Mikla - Nott eftir nott
Holygram - Modern Cults
Solitary Experiments - Future Tense
The Perfect Kiss -  Filter
Ashbury Heights - The Victorian Wallflower

Albums:






































Playlists:






Comments

Popular Posts