Throwback Thursday

Throwback Thursday time! I thought for Throwback Thursday, I would go back to June for the Autumn CD release party at The Red Sea. Initially the band was supposed to play a show at Heavy Attic, but the building that Heavy Attic was located in on East Lake street burned down to a crisp. It was a horrible fire. Fortunately no casualties thank heavens. With the local dark underground music scene being so tight knit, Autumn along with A Place Both Wonderful and Strange (and Dark Energy crew) were able to move to another venue and share it with another show going on that night with Zwaremachine, Absynthe of Faith, and My Zero. It was one of the few shows I attended that summer before I got side lined by unexpected dental work that was NOT cheap and stayed home for most of the summer to pay for the damn dental work (that was fun...said no one ever).

Anyways, this night was a lot of fun. It was a late night though. Autumn didn't go on stage until 1 am.  Of course anytime to see my favorite band is going to be fun. I adore their new album Chandelier (link to the album is at the bottom of the page). I finally got to Zwaremachine who sounded fantastic live. I regret now not getting any live video footage from their set that night. My bad. NYC band A Place Both Wonderful and Strange performed that night. I missed them when they were part of Kanga's show earlier this year which I had to miss due to a death on my mom's side of the family. Glad to be able to see the band live this time around. They were a little noisy at times but overall I did like what I had heard. Late night and I was tired AF but I had fun that night and that is all that matters.





















BTW...you can buy the new Autumn album here on their bandcamp page https://autumn-us.bandcamp.com/album/chandelier-2. And the new Zwaremaching album is excellent too https://zwaremachine.bandcamp.com/album/be-a-light. A Place Both Wonderful and Strange has some new music out too. https://aplaceboth.bandcamp.com/

Comments

Popular Posts