Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

Yesterday I was pretty much away from my laptop and out spending time with my mom. I saw the play Indecent at the Guthrie Theater which was excellent. Too bad yesterday was the last day to see the show. I would have gone to another performance of it. Later I had dinner and didn't get home until after seven in the evening. By the time I got home, I was exhausted and didn't feel like my weekly list of albums and playlists I have been listening to.

Without going into the sordid details (I am saving it for another blog entry), I have been really enjoying Chandelier by Autumn a lot. The wait has been worth it. Friday I spent half of my work day listening to the new album along with The Hating Tree and Return to the Breath, and comparing the new album with their previous albums. I can definitely hear a difference and hear how much the band has grown since The Hating Tree.

I am still enjoying the CDs I bought the previous weekend from my last trip to the Electric Fetus. The new Cesium 137, Cindy Wilson, and Cigarettes After Sex albums are definitely a must hear. I can certainly can say for sure that the new Cesium 137 will for sure have a spot on my best of 2018 list (as well as Chandelier). Glad to hear some new Cesium 137. It had been too long.

I am getting way too excited to see Nightwish next weekend. They have always been one of my favorite bands in general. I have been fortunate to see the band with Tarja, Anette, and Floor. This is my second time I have made a trip to Chicago to see them live. To be honest, I rather see Nightwish in Chicago because people are much more considerate and obvious to my plight as a short person than those here in the Twin Cities (who I think many people here are absolute garbage both old and young).  I'm digging the new compilation. It is a good mix of old and new Nightwish.

As far as new bands (to me), I really love the sounds of Void Vision and Boy Harsher. I am not really familiar with coldwave music with the exception of Sixth June, Linera Aspera, and The Frozen Autumn prior to these bands but I am really digging the sound. I definitely need to look further more into the genre in the near future when I have the time.

Albums:


























Playlists:






Comments

Popular Posts