Throwback Thursday

Not only is it Throwback Thursday today but International Women's Day. I thought I would kill two birds with one stone by re-posting a list I made in 2012. It definitely needs updating because my taste in music has evolved over the past six years. I created this list as response to a really shit list that VH1 put together when the cable network still aired music (like MTV). It was a fun list to create. I hope to re-do this list sometime in the coming weeks, maybe just maybe next month after the Covenant show and before the L7show.

This list only reflects my personal taste in music but then again so does this entire blog whether people like what I have to say or not (and frankly I don't give a fuck if there are people who don't like my opinions because I am not here to kiss ass).I got some minor blowback about a concert review a long time hence this comment. I refuse to suck up to musician's egos for my blog and going to tell it like it is. Not as if I get paid to write my blog.  As far music I do not like  I will write only what I do like. If I don't mention your music when I am sent a link to your soundcloud page, well then my silence should speak volumes

What I found interesting is that shortly after I originally posted this blog post, it went completely viral in the goth/industrial scene. I honestly did not think many people would see this list but clearly it got around :P. I am thrilled quite a few people saw this list and flattered that they liked this list. I am simply a music fan. My passion for music drives me to continue this blog even if my life offline sucks so much.

You can also go to this link (https://thetwincitiesunderground.blogspot.com/2012/02/100-greatest-women-in-music.html) to see the actual post.

100. Ani DiFranco
99. Ofra Haza
98. Sinead O'Connor
97. Julianne Reagan (All About Eve)
96. Sade
95. Florence Welch (Florence + The Machines)
94. Brittany Bindrim (I:Scintilla)
93. Liv Kristine (Leave's Eyes)
92. Zola Jesus
91. Chibi (The Birthday Massacre)
90. Joy Williams (The Civil Wars)
89. Amy Winehouse
88. Sharin Foo (The Raveonettes)
87. Debra Fogarty (Diva Destruction)
86. Helen Marnie (Ladytron)
85. Geike Arnaert (ex-Hooverphonic)
84. Sarah Brightman
83. Amii (Parralox)
82. Mya (Omega Lithium)
81. Sara Noxx
80. Terri Nunn (Berlin)
79. Lady Galore (Lords of Acid fame)
78. Azam Ali
77. Shikhee (Android Lust)
76. Kate Bush
75. Christina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)
74. Mia Zapata (The Gits...RIP :( )
73. Otep
72. Carah Faye (Shiny Toy Guns)
71. Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
70. Dido
69. Yasmine Uhlin (Javelynn/ex-Ashbury Heights)
68. Vas Kallas (Hanzel und Gretyl)
67. Monica Richards (Faith and the Muse)
66. Sarah Cracknell
65. Aimee Mann
64. Bjork
63. Sarah McLachlan
62. Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star)
61. Tash Cox (Mankind is Obsolete)
60. Go Go's
59. Tori Amos
58. Tarja Turunen
57. Harriet Wheeler (The Sundays)
56. Christa Belle (Hungry Lucy)
55. Victoria Mazze (The Divine Madness)
54. Sonja Krashoufer (L'ame Immortelle)
53. Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries)
52. Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders)
51. Serena Toxicat (Protea)
50. Mary Chapin Carpenter
49. Jarboe (Swans)
48. Kate Havnevik
47. Anna Netrebko
46. Constance Rudert (Cinderella Effect/ex-Blutengel)
45. Rebecca Coseboom (DarkDriveClinic)
44. Gen (Genitorturers)
43. Elizabeth Frasier (Cocteau Twins)
42. Ficshe
41. Natasha Khan (Bat for Lashes)
40. Bella Lune
39. Miss FD
38. Emilie Autumn
37. Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde)
36. Nina Hagen
35. Liz Enthusiasm (Freezepop)
34. Eleni Alice-Fossi (Kirlian Camera)
33.Tina Root (Switchblade Symphony)
32. Levannah (Qkumba Zoo)
31. Poly Styrene
30. Lydia Lunch
29. Alison Krauss
28. Tonya Donnelly (Belly)
27. L7
26. Cycle Sluts from Hell
25. Babes in Toyland
24. Puffy Amiyumi
23. Miki Berenyi (Lush)
22. Julie Plante (Autumn)
21. Donna Lynch (Ego Likeness)
20. Alison Goldfrapp (Goldfrapp)
19. Nena
18. Shonen Knife
17. Jai (Sensuous Enemy)
16. Diamanda Galas
15. Danielle Dax
14. Ann Wilson (Heart)
13. Caroline Blind (Sunshine Blind)
12. Erica Dunham (Unter Null/Stray)
11. Jennifer Parkin (Ayria)
10. Shirley Manson (Garbage)
09. Dolly Parton
08. Lisa Gerrard (Dead Can Dance)
07. Cyndi Lauper
06. Joan Jett
05. Toni Halliday (ex-Curve)
04. Severina Sol (Cylab/The Break Up)
03. The Bangles
02. Siouxsie Sioux
01. Loreena McKennit

Comments

Popular Posts