Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

This past week I have spent more time listening to actual albums and less on my playlists, that is when I wasn't listening to any of my favorite podcasts at work ;).

Finally got around to listen to Collide's remix album Mind and Matter, I loved it. IMHO I think their music sounds better remixed. The original tunes from Color of Nothing  is pretty good but the songs tends to sound alike.

Today I went over to the Electric Fetus's annual fall garage sale. I picked up four cds (sadly couldn't find any Dead Can Dance, might have to go back to the store and pick it The Serpent's Egg tomorrow which is my favorite DCD album). Anyways I was happy enough to find Nahko and Medicine For the People's Hoka album ripe for taking. For $3, I can't beat that price. I also bought Enya's Dark Sky Island (deluxe edition), Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer's Not So Dark, and Peter Murphy's Holy Smoke. Haven't listened to the Peter Murphy album yet but I am sure I will get around to it sometime this weekend, and will like it. Glad I bought all of them when I did.

As I have mentioned in a previous blog post, the weather for most of this week has been very wet and dreary so my taste in music this week has reflected the shitty, wet weather. While I do love Treasure by Cocteau Twins, Victorialand is easily my favorite album by the legendary dreampop band. The album was so perfect to listen to on Thursday when it was raining cats and dogs while I was at work. The same can be said about the new All My Faith Lost album, Dead Can Dance's The Serpent's Egg, and Lisa Gerrard's Immortal Memory. Also been listening to a lot of goth/darkwave (i.e Siouxsie and The Banshees and Autumn) this week too because of the crappy weather.

Like I mentioned last night, yesterday brought me some new releases by Metric, Tiny Deaths, In Strict Confidence, and I:Scintilla (which I just started listening to at the moment). Jury is out on the new Metric and In Strict Confidence albums. I am not feeling them at the moment. I do love the new Tiny Deaths album Magic.

Albums:






































Playlists:






Comments

Popular Posts