My current favorite songs of the week

This week's playlist of my current favorite songs is longer than usual. I came across quite a bit of new and interesting music this week. After hearing the new single "Honey" by Robyn, I ended up listening to some Swedish pop music or pop music in the vein of Robyn's music via Spotify. One artist that stood out with me was Little Jinder. She kinda reminds me of Robyn and Grimes. I ended up putting together a playlist of her music. "Pinocchio" is my favorite track by Little Jinder. That is the song that put her name in my radar. Great pop song with infectious pop hooks. I have included some other interesting Swedish/Scandinavian pop songs that I listened to this past week.

Speaking of Robyn, I have a couple of songs by the pop star on my playlist. One is "Honey" (a new track) and an older song "With Every Heartbeat". I absolutely adore her song "With Every Heartbeat" with Kleerup from her 2008 self-titled album. I really need to listen to her older music before her new album drops later next month. In my honest opinion, Robyn is a great example that not all pop music is garbage.

Funker Vogt has a new album out called Wastelands. The new singer Chris L. is a huge improvement over the previous singer who couldn't sing shit and is allegedly a white supremacist. The new album is not bad but at the same time I can't say it is anything to write home about. I am sure though for fans still into the EBM scene, the new Funker Vogt album is right up their alley. Keep in mind though my taste in music has really changed in the last few years, my tastes is definitely leaning towards the post-punk/darkwave sound than EBM.

I'm still on my Dead Can Dance kick this week so there are a few songs on this list by DCD and one track featuring Lisa Gerrard ("The Storm" by composer Havasi). I recommend checking out the Havasi  track. Love Lisa's contributions to the song.

I am really glad I bought Peter Murphy's Holy Smoke last weekend at the Electric Fetus's annual fall garage sale. That is a fantastic album. I have included a couple of songs from that album on my playlist. My personal favorite track is "Let Me Love You".

Yesterday after work I went over to the Electric Fetus to do some record shopping. I ended up buying Delerium's Karma (the original release which has the now deleted track "Koran" ), the self-titled debut album by Celtic Woman, and the debut album by Pale Waves My Mind Makes Noises. The reason "Koran" was removed from Karma was because the track had some illegal samples. Copies of the album can be found online but very pricey. I got lucky and found a used copy for $8. It is a beautiful track. Too bad it had to be removed from the album due to legal copyright issues. The debut Pale Waves album is fantastic. I had difficult time choosing which song to feature on this week's playlist.

Songs to check out:
The KVB: "On My Skin"
Little Jinder: "Pinocchio"
Tiny Deaths: "Home"
Robyn: "With Every Heartbeat" w/Kleerup
Peter Murphy: "Let Me Love You"
SPECTRA*paris: "Universal"
Autumn: "Soulsong"
Havasi w/Lisa Gerrard: "The Storm"



Comments

Popular Posts