Music I have bought this year

I was going to post my playlist of my current favorite songs tonight but after doing some cd shopping after work today ( I bought CDs by Pale Waves, Celtic Woman, and Delerium), I decided to post pone it for tomorrow and instead post a list of all the music I bought this year.

My music buying power hasn't been what it used to be since I signed up with Spotify. Although I listen to a lot of music via Spotify, I have been making a more serious effort in buying music to support my favorite artists. For bands I truly love like Autumn, Blume, Hanzel und Gretyl, and Kirlian Camera, there is no shadow of a doubt I will buy their music but there is a lot of garbage out there. I have been disappointed by quite a few releases that made me regret buying the cds. So now I stream first before I make the decision if I want to buy a certain artist's album.  Today I listened to the new albums by Funker Vogt and Celtic Woman. Needless to say I won't be buying them. Granted I like the new Funker Vogt singer but the material is just standard EBM that is meh to my ears, and not a fan of the current Celtic Woman line up. The women can sing but they are a mere shadow of the original line up. And because of my two dental visits last month which were quite costly, I had to put a hold on spending $$$ on music and concerts. The year is not over yet and still plan on buying more music :).

I really wasn't sure whether or not to include Nightwish's greatest hits compilation Decades because it was given away at their show in Chicago. Ultimately I decided to include it because I did pay for the ticket to the show I went to at The Aragon Ballroom. In some odd way I did buy it, just not directly. LOL!

There are a couple of albums that hasn't come out yet by Promidal and VNV Nation, I made note of that however they will be coming out next month so I am very excited about those releases. 

In the coming weeks I will most likely order the new Solitary Experiments album that comes out next month, and Robyn's new album. I also need to buy the new Solar Fake album which sounds great.

Edit: Just bought the new Autumn's Grey Solace album Eocene for $5, and !distain's Maid of Freedom.

Aiboforcen: Sense and Nonsense
Ashbury Heights: The Victorian Wallflowers
Autumn: Chandelier (3x copies...2 digital copies via bandcamp and google play, and one CD)
Autumn's Grey Solace: Eocene
Blume: Ashes
Book of Love: Anthology: The Sire Years 1983-1995
Celtic Woman: Celtic Woman
Cesium 137: Rise to Conquer
Cigarettes After Sex: Cigarettes After Sex
Delerium: Karma (2CD version)
Dessa: Chime
!distain: Maid of Freedom
Enya: Dark Sky Island
Expiring Time: Forever Distant
Hanzel und Gretyl: Satanik Germanik
Helalyn Flowers: Nyctophilia
Helix: Twin
Kirlian Camera: Hologram Moon (2 copies, digital and the 2 CD version)
L7: Smell the Magic
Loreena McKennitt: Lost Souls
Mercury's Antennae: The Moon Viewing Garden
Nahko and Medicine For the People: Hoka
Nightwish: Decades
Nyxx: Voodoo
Pale Waves: My Mind Makes Noises
Peter Murphy: Holy Smoke
Promidal: Magnum Tenebrosum (pre-order)
Psalm One: P.O.L.Y (Psalm One Loves You)
Psy'Aviah: Lightflare
Shelby Lynne/Allison Moorer: Not So Dark
Valerie Renay: Your Own Shadow
Venus in Aries: Beyond the Veil
Visions of Atlantis: The Deep and The Dark
VNV Nation: Noire (pre-order)

Comments

Popular Posts