My current favorite songs of the week

I am heading out of town for the weekend on Saturday so I figured I would post my favorite songs of the week tonight and tomorrow night I will post my list of albums/playlists that I have been listening to this week.

Got a slew of new music on my playlist this week. One of my favorite albums I have been listening to is Empty Sea by Laura Carbone, I discovered Laura's music awhile back when I was putting together my post punk playlist on Spotify. I have neglected this album for awhile until yesterday when I had the day off from work, completely forgot how good the album is. My current favorite song from her new album is "Old Leaves Shiver". 

I got some local music on this week's playlist with Aby Wolf, Tiny Deaths, and of course Autumn. Tiny Deaths has a new album coming out later this month called Magic. I am very much looking forward to hearing that album.

Initially I really wasn't too fond of the new Delerium track "Stay" (the album version not the remixes which bores me) but it has grown on me after listening to it a few times this week. It is a decent track but it is nowhere near as good as any of the songs on Poem. I wish Delerium hasn't gone full blown pop. I find their current sound so uninteresting. I got into them because of a former roommate when I lived in Milwaukee, and loved their fusion of world and ambient music.

Ever since I heard the new !Distain EP for SynthPopBoy, I have been listening to a lot of their music this week. I really dig their sound. My current favorite song is "A Million Engines".

I have only listened to the new Solar Fake and Panic Lift albums once but I liked what I have heard, especially the new Solar Fake album You Win. Who Cares?

Songs to check out:
"Old Leaves Shiver" by Laura Carbone
"Stay" by Delerium and JES
"A Million Engines" by !Distain
"Like a Drug" by Helix
"Ladders" by Ashbury Heights
"Eyes Water" by Seize
"Andromache" by Sleepthief

Comments

Popular Posts