Albums and Playlists I am currently listening to

This coming week is a short work week for me. I took Thursday and Friday off from work. One of the reasons is that I am seeing Chvrches at The Palace. As for Friday, I did it because I just can and it would be dumb to have Thursday off and then go back to work on Friday. I opted to skip my usual weekly office playlist for this week. Instead here is everything I have been listening this past week.

I made another trip to the Electric Fetus yesterday and bought the debut album by Pale Waves, a rare edition of Karma by Delerium, and the self-titled debut album from Celtic Woman (this version has two bonus live tracks). Super glad that I picked up the new Pale Waves album. I have been waiting for their album for some time now after discovering them on YouTube by accident earlier this year. I really have been hooked on their synth-driven sound. I will be seeing the band live in November when they come to Amsterdam Bar on 11/24. When I was at the Fetus on Friday, I WAS hoping to find some Dead Can Dance, I only saw one album but it wasn't The Serpent's Egg or Into the Labyrinth. I may go over to Cheapo Discs later this week to see if they have any DCD music. I did find the edition of Karma by Delerium which contains the track "Koran", a song that had to be removed because the group didn't clear any of the samples with the owners of the samples. For $8, that was a real steal (just like the one time I found VNV Nation's Burning Empires at Cheapo for $8).  The other day I was listening to some of the new Celtic Woman album. I wasn't feeling it. The group hasn't sounded the same with its frequent line up changes. I picked up a copy of the group's debut album. That is the line up I will always associate with the Celtic Woman brand. So glad I got to see that line up line like a decade ago. I also am super glad I went to the Electric Fetus annual fall garage sale last weekend. I have been enjoying the hell out of the Peter Murphy, Shelby Lynne/Allison Moorer, and Enya cds I bought that weekend.

I have been on a KVB kick this past week since I finally got around to listen to their new song "On My Skin" which is from their upcoming album Only Now Forever (another release I will have to buy when it comes out).

I have only listened to the new I:Scintilla album in its entirety once but I did enjoy listening to it. It is so good to hear new tunes from the band.

After listening to so much Dead Can Dance music in the past couple of weeks, I definitely can say Into the Labyrinth and The Serpent's Egg are my favorite DCD albums, my least favorite is Spiritchaser.

In the past few days, I have created a few new playlists: Dead Can Dance, Little Jinder (a Swedish pop artist), and a mix of Swedish/Scandinavian pop songs. I couldn't resist and add some old faves to my Swedish pop mix like ABBA and Ace of Base.

Albums:






































Playlists:














Comments

Popular Posts