Album of the week

Happy 2019! My first pick for the Album of the Week in the new year is Shadows and Serenades by A Covenant of Thorns, a one man synthpop act from the midwest run by Scott-David Allen. I  found A Covenant of Thorns earlier last year on Facebook (probably through Modern Synthpop). Somewhere after Christmas and before New Year's Eve, I was reminded that there was a new A Covenant of Thorns album. Since I was reminded of the new album, I have been listening to Shadows and Serenades every day. It is a gorgeous, lush, introspective synthpop album. Unfortunately I could not squeeze it into my top 20 best of 2018 list but I did give it an honorable mention. If you haven't heard this album or of A Covenant of Thorns before, go give Scott-David Allen's music a listen, you won't regret it.

Comments

Popular Posts