Weekly Office playlist

Another weekend has come and gone. Here is this week's collection of music. I did request PTO off for Friday (for the sake of my sanity). Got a good mix of old and new music.

Last night I watched the documentary Avicii: True Stories which was filmed prior to the dj's untimely passing in 2018. It was so obvious in the film that he was screaming for help but no one really listened to his cries for help and that he did not enjoy performing live considering he was an introvert and suffered from social anxiety. Apparently his former manager guilted Avicii into playing so many gigs without listening to what Tim was saying through out the film. The numerous trips to the hospital should have told his manager and Tim's friends that he needed to slow down. It was a really fascinating yet tragic film knowing what would happen in the following year. I love Avicii's song "Wake Me Up". It was one of the handful of songs that really helped me drag my sorry ass out of the dark abyss I was in through out the second half of 2017 and for part of 2018 after the trauma and loss I had to deal with in the summer of 2017. I decided to try to listen to his albums this week.

This weekend I started listening to the music by Rhiannon Giddens. She is a member of Carolina Chocolate Drops, she also is a member of the newly formed group Our Native Daughters. I heard about Our Native Daughters through Birds of Chicago because Allison Russell of BoC is part of the group. You can listen to their new song Quasheba, Quasheba via Rolling Stone magazine. It is terrific and I already preordered the group's debut album. Anyways,  I decided to check out Rhiannon's solo work, and found myself enjoying it immensely. I really like her album All the Pretty Horses which has an Irish flair, I am assuming her father (who is white) has Irish roots. I read that she went to college to study classical/opera, and I can hear that in her vocals on this album. I also plan on listening to the two albums she did with Carolina Chocolate Drops this week besides her solo albums.

Albums:
Aby Wolf: Wolf Lords

A Covenant of Thorns: Shadows and Serenades

Avarice in Audio: Shine and Burn

Avicii: True

Avicii: Stories

Ayria: Paper Dolls

Birds of Chicago: Love In Wartime

Brandi Carlile: Live at Benaroya Hall with The Seattle Symphony

Brandi Carlile: By the Way, I Forgive You

Carolina Chocolate Drops: Leaving Eden

Carolina Chocolate Drops: Genuine Negro Jig

Cesium 13: Rise to Conquer

CHROM: Peak and Decay

Chvrches: Every Open Eye

Dave Gahan and Soulsavers: Angels and Ghosts

Frozen Plasma; Dekandenz

Goldfrapp: Tales of Us

Hanzel und Gretyl: 2012 Zwanzig Zwolf

Holygram: Modern Cults

The Highway Men: Essential Highwaymen

Indarra: Walk On Fire

In Good Faith: Mond

Javelynn: Chimaera at Heart

Kaelan Mikla: Nott eftir nott

Moonlight Cove: Hearts of the World

Omega Lithium: Kinetik

Pale Waves: My Mind Makes Noises

Panic Priest: Panic Priest

Promidal: Simul Ilustus Et Peccator

Rebecca Lane: Poesia Venenosa

Rebel Diaz: Radical Dilemma

Rhiannon Giddens: All the Pretty Horses

Rhiannon Giddens: Tomorrow is My Turn

Rhiannon Giddens: Freedom Highway

State of the Union: Indupop

Steven Price; Gravity original motion picture soundtrack

Train to Spain: What It's All About

Twin Tribes: Shadows

Ultranoire: Isolation

Vas: Feast of Silence

Zanias: Into the All

Playlists:
EBM/Futurepop playlist

The Story: My Favorite Brandi Carlile Songs

Love in Wartime: My Favorite Birds of Chicago Songs

Ever Dream: The Best of Nightwish, Tarja, Anette, and Floor

Random Mix

Comments

Popular Posts