Weekly office playlist

Another weekend has come and gone. Pretty much stayed inside all weekend because of the horrible temperatures. In the meantime, it got me thinking of what I what music I want to listen to at work this week. I think I got a good mix of post-punk, Americana and everything else inbetween.

I wish it was tolerable enough for me to make a trip to grab the Carolina Chocolate Drops CDs that are ready to be picked up. Maybe after work tomorrow. I have started listening to CCD's music after I got hooked on Rhiannon Giddens' solo album. Rhiannon is such an amazing musician. I love listen to her on the fiddle. The perfect example of her talents is on this clip for Pretty Little Girl with The Chieftains. Anyways, I have never been a fan of bluegrass music but I decided to give it another chance after I started listening to Rhiannon's music and realized she was part of Carolina Chocolate Drops. Bluegrass has definitely started to grow on me. Love Rhiannon's music so much I created a playlist of her work and with some of CCD's music but mostly it  consists of her solo work. Some people gush over Beyonce, me? I am so all about Rhiannon Giddens' music. It is not overproduced and does not relies on techonology for the music.

Since I have been listening a lot to Amysthyst Kiah and Rhiannon's music so much, I decided to listen to some music by their musical influences like Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Nina Simone, and Odetta.

I recently decided to start over on my post-punk/darkwave playlist. I wanted to trim the list down a bit. I felt like the original playlist was bloated with some filler tracks.

I will be honest I have pretty much given up on Lords of Acid however I am a very curious person, I see that the LOA has a new album out. They are touring the US this spring. I might have to go just for the Genitorturers alone. I wish I had seen LOA in their heyday, I really wasn't impressed with them the one time I saw them years ago at Ground Zero.

Albums:
Amanda Shires: To The Sunset

Amysthyst Kiah: Dig

Angels and Agony: Monument

Aurelio Voltaire: What Are the Oddz?

Autumn: The Hating Tree

Autumn: Chandelier

Blume: Autumn Ruins

Tracy Chapman: Greatest Hits

Carolina Chocolate Drops: Leaving Eden

The Corrs: Forgiven, Not Forgotten

The Cure: The Head On the Door

Delta Rae: Carry the Fire

Dessa: Castor, The Twin

Dolly Parton: The Essential Dolly Parton

Helix: Twin

Johan Soderqvist: Let The Right One In

Joy Williams: Front Porch

Kaia Kater: Grenades

L'ame Immortelle: Letztes Licht

Leyla McCalla: The Capitalist Blues

Lords of Acid: Pretty in Kink

Loreena McKennitt: The Visit

Loreena McKennitt: The Mask and Mirror

Loreena McKennitt: Book of Secrets

Lula Wiles: What Will We do

The New Basement Tapes: Lost On The River

Nina Simone: The Hits

Nina Simone: I Put A Spell On You

Odetta: The Best of Odetta

Pistol Annies: Interstate Gospel

Po'Girl: Deer in the Night

Po'Girl: Follow Your Bliss

Rebeca Lane: Poesia Venenosa

She Past Away: Belirdi Gece

Sister Rosetta Tharpe: The Authorized Sister Rosetta Tharpe Collection

Sixth June: Without A Sign

Trampled By Turtles: Stars and Satellites

Various Artists: Music From The America Epic Sessions

Various Artists: Verve Remixed : The First Ladies

Zanias: Into the All

Playlists:
Angel City: My Favorite Rhiannon Giddens Songs

My Favorite Post-Punk/Darkwave Songs

Americana Playlist

The Story: My Favorite Brandi Carlile Playlist

The Hating Tree: My Favorite Autumn Songs

Random Mix

150 Most Influential Female Artists

Comments

Popular Posts