My top 10 favorite hip hop songs

So this afternoon after work, I decided to listen to my Hip Hop playlist on Spotify when I hit the treadmill for some daily exercise. This inspired me to put together this list of my 10 favorite hip hop tracks. Most of my favorite tracks are under a decade old with the exception of "No Vaseline" by Ice Cube, the infamous diss track against his former NWA bandmates. It was harsh and crude but funny AF.  There was a point in my life when I had a strong dislike for the genre but in recent years my stance has softened up quite a bit. Obviously my favorite tracks are from artists like Mare Advertencia Lirika, Ana Tijoux and Rebeca Lane who are from either Mexico or Central America. I also dig Rebel Diaz, a group from Chicago/NYC. I have absolutely no interest in mainstream hip hop music. It is rubbish to me.

01. Mare Advertencia Lirika: Bienvenix


02. Swet Shop Boys: Aaja


03. Rebeca Lane: Siempre Viva


04. Angel Haze: On Fire


05. P.O.S: Wanted/Wasted (featuring Astronautlis)


06. Atmosphere: Virgo


07. Rebel Diaz: Cantemos


08. Ana Tijoux: Shock


09. Psalm One: Beat the Drum


10. Ice Cube: No Vaseline

Comments

Popular Posts