What I am currently listening to

I decided to make a slight change to my weekly blog posts on what music I am currently listening to by the change in title of the blog post AND to include the podcasts that I have listened to because I do listen to podcasts at work for those times when I don't feel like listening to music. I love some true crime podcasts but I can only take so much before I find my soul sucked out of me. I will listen to the latest episodes of The Vanished, and a new episode of Casefile isn't for another two weeks. Until then, I am all about some lighter fare such as Gravy and Good Foods. Lately I have been listening to the podcast Gravy from the Southern Foodways Alliance which comes southern history and food. The episodes are not as frequent but there are enough for me to go back and listen to them. I also love KCRW's Good Foods with Evan Kleinman for the inner foodie in me. I also love the comedic podcast The Unofficial Experts featuring comediennes Sydnee Washington and Marie Faustin. I discovered Syndee through Fake the Nation and fell in love with her sense of humor.

Music wise, it has been a mixed bag for me this week. Got a good mix of old and new music, and definintely lots of postpunk/darkwave music. Super excited about the upcoming ACTORS show at The Nomad in May with Autumn and The Bellwether Syndicate. I love their album It Will Come to You. Such a great album, one of my faves last year.  Lots of Brandi Carlile. I forgot how good the Cover Stories album is. Pearl Jam, Margo Price, and Dolly Parton does some amazing cover versions of Brandi's music from her album The Story.

I forgot how good FKA Twig's LP1 album was. I think her music got overlooked because of her relationship with Robert Pattinson. I remember visiting her Facebook page and seeing lots of angry, psycho Twilight fans trolling FKA Twig's page hard. Such immature, psychopathic losers. I can't stand Twilight fans. They get butthurt too easily.

Not long ago I read that The Dark Element has begun work on their follow up to their self-titled album which I really liked. I am looking forward to hearing more music from Anette Olzon's new band. Glad to see she has gotten back into the symphonic metal music scene and in a band situation.

This week I decided to delete my former futurepop playlist and created a new one. I felt it was time to start over with more current music or songs that I haven't played to death. This new playlist sounds great and a lot less dated.

Albums:








































Playlists:












Podcasts:
Intrigued Full Effect Podcast

Fake the Nation

The Unofficial Expert Podcast with Sydnee Washington and Marie Faustin

Gravy Podcast (Southern Foodways Alliance)

Good Foods

Lynx Radio

Comments

Popular Posts