Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

I really didn't listen to a  lot of my playlists this week. My taste in music this past week has been all over the place ranging from the darkwave/post punk sounds of Autumn to the soothing sounds of Sleepthief. 

I have been  listening a lot to the new Sleepthief album (I got the download early as someone who contributed to the crowdfunding campaign for the album). The wait for the third Sleepthief album was so worth it. The album officially comes out on 8/17. I have included the youtube trailer for the album. All I can say is Sleepthief fans won't be disappointed. At least that is what I think. The music is quite lovely.

One of my favorite dreampop bands Chandeen  has a new EP out called Rogue. I will be honest, it was a bit of a let down. The tracks did not sound anything like Forever and Ever and Blood Red Skies, my two favorite Chandeen albums of all time.

2018 has been a great year for local music. Autumn, Dessa, and now DoublePlusTen have released some excellent music. Listened to all three artists/band this week. I always listen to Autumn so that is expected for me to mention them here ;). I have been on a Dessa kick this past week after seeing her perform the National Anthem at the WNBA All Star Game last weekend. I love Chime but Parts of Speech is my favorite Dessa album because that was the album that made me take notice of her work as an artist.

The new DoublePlusTen album is great. I don't listen to much EDM music since it really doesn't captivate me however I do dig the new album Ex Tempore. I do feel a bit guilty for neglecting that band. I didn't realize Andrew had released two other albums after Hourglass. I will have to listen to Get Human sometime in the coming week.

Listened to some oldies but goodies this week ranging from Assemblage 23 to Siouxsie and The Banshees. I have been consumed with more recent music I have neglected some old faves of mine like Peepshow by Siouxsie and The Banshees and Disintegration by The Cure.

Albums:


































Playlists:






Comments

Popular Posts