New music of the week

For this week's Album of the Week pick, I decided to go with the new EPs by Solitary Experiments (German EBM band) and MNYMNS (Texas synthpop duo). I have been a fan of Solitary Experiments for several years now and MNYMNS for a few years. I was pleased to see that both bands had new music out when I was perusing the home page of my Spotify account and saw  their releases under new releases for me last Friday. I decided to feature both bands' releases since they aren't very lon.

Crash and Burn consists of three remixes of the title track, two remixes of "I Am", and an instrumental track titled "ANACHRON" which is very reminiscent of VNV Nation (and believe it or not it is my favorite track). The EP is classic Solitary Experiments. If you love the sounds of VNV Nation, one can never go wrong with Solitary Experiments. They remind me of VNV Nation, Ruined Conflict, and Assemblage 23. The remixes are great especially the Ashbury Heights remix of "Crash and Burn". Would have loved a remix of "ANACHRON" but I do love the A23 remix of "I Am".

Bind is a three song EP by the Houston, TX synthpop band featuring Jessica Wahlquist and Lacey Youngblood, with Jacob Childs on drums. It is probably my favorite of the two releases. I have been listening to it over and over again. Love the slick, polished vocals and the subtle EDM influences that seeps through their music especially on "Fiction".

Here is a great article with Jessica in the Dallas Observer  if you want to learn more about her and her band. (https://www.dallasobserver.com/music/catching-up-with-dallas-native-jessica-wahlquist-about-her-synth-pop-band-mnynms-9090766).






Where to buy their music:
https://mnynms.bandcamp.com/
https://www.outoflineshop.de/solitary-experiments-crash-burn-limited-edition-mcd.html

Comments

Popular Posts