Earworm of the week

I have been really enjoying the new Ashbury Heights album The Victorian Wallflowers since it came out last Friday. After reading in the liner notes that during the course of the making of the album between 2011 and 2017 that Anders had lost his mother, a lot of the lyrics on the album hit home with me because I have been going through the whole grieving process myself for over a year ago when my father passed away. Today at work, I spent a good chunk of time listening to the song "Journey". The song itself has fantastic hooks. Anders has an amazing knack for creating some of the most infectious melodies in the current music scene. What stands out the most for me is the personal lyrics Anders wrote which I can so relate to on so many levels:

"Cause the journey is the last part, and the journey is the last part. And you get so sick of traveling before your aching heart stops..."

These lines pretty much sums up me on a lot of days.

Comments

Popular Posts