Throwback Thursday

For anyone wondering why I haven't been seen at shows this summer, I had and still have some grown up issues to deal with that requires or required spending gobs of money. I do though have some concerts lined up September and October but at the moment, my bathtub, kitchen sink, and now my upcoming two dental sessions takes priority over having fun. In the meantime, I thought I would re-share with my readers the concerts I have gone too this year. I would have included photos of the Nightwish and Psalm One shows but Instagram won't let me scroll down through my page.

This year has been a great year for concerts. Nightwish was my first concert I saw in the new year. I went to Chicago at the end of March. It felt to get out for the first time in three months and for the first time in a long time, I felt relaxed and content. After last year with the crap I been through, to be able to feel normal (whatever the hell that is) again was a rare treat. The last show I had gone to was the Book of Love show at 7th St Entry in December. So worth the trip to Chicago. Oh hell! Concerts or no concerts, I love going to Chicago. As always Nightwish did not disappoint me.

A couple of days after I got back fromChicago, I got to see Covenant live for a second time. That was a really fun show. I loved the Sweat Boys' show. They put on one hell of a live show.

As much as I like Grendel's music, I am glad I went to the Alice Glass show at The Turf Club which was on the same night as the Grendel show at Amsterdam Bar and Hall. She was electrifying as a live performer. To be honest, EBM has gotten kinda of repetitive for me and in the end I opted for the Alice Glass show. Also I finally got to see Zola Jesus live. She was great too. I have no regrets to this day. It was a very fun show. I hope Alice and Zola tours together again.Or Alice tours with Chelsea Wolfe.

For a long time I was not aware of the fact that The Red Sea held live shows next door to the restaurant until this year. The Adoration Destroyed/FIRES/Xentrifuge with Souless Affection and the Autumn CD release party shows there were a ton of fun. I won't lie, the Autumn show is by far my favorite live show I have attended this year (next to Nightwish). To this very day, I am still listening the hell out of their new album Chandelier.

The last live show I went to was last month at 7th St Entry for my favorite rapper Psalm One. I have another month to go before my next concert which is Dispatch with Nahko and Medicine for the People, and in October I am going to see Belly and Chvrches.


































Comments

Popular Posts