Earworm of the week

Not sure if I would consider this track an earworm but I have been listening to it quite a bit for the past day or two, and that is most certainly a good thing. I wouldn't do that for a song I wouldn't like. "Sailor" is the first single off Valerie Renay's debut solo album Your Own Shadow which comes out on September 7th. Valerie is one half of the dark electro-pop duo Noblesse Oblige. "Sailor" is quite a contrast to what I have heard with Noblesse Oblige. The music is darker, edgier, and definitely rough around the edges. The music isn't as slick and polished and that is okay with me. I think it is good to go in a different direction for artists when they go solo.  I love this track and very excited to hear Valerie's solo album in its entirety.

Comments

Popular Posts