My current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! For a four day work week, it sure felt more like the usual five day work week. This week's playlist consists of a lot of new music as well as new bands I just discovered this week. I also got some old faves by Peter Murphy, The Foreign Resort, Nightwish, Aiboforcen, and Tiny Deaths. Of course I had to include tracks from my favorite albums released this year by Autumn, Hanzel und Gretyl, and Helalyn Flowers.

Solitary Experiments has a new EP called Crash and Burn. You know what this means? That the band is working on a new album. Yay! There are some really great tracks and remixes on the EP.

The new Chandeen EP Rogue is slowly growing on me. I still miss the jingly guitar riffs from the previous releases. Not ideal music to listen to at work but pretty nice to listen to at home after a long day at work. The music is very mellow and crosses into jazz territory.

I really hope that one day Nightwish will have all their albums from the Tarja era (besides Once) on Spotify especially Angels Fall First . Love the title track and hearing Tarja's voice .

If you haven't heard of the Texas synthpop band MNYNMS, please check them. I have been a fan of their work for some time now. They recently released a new EP called Bind.


Songs to check out:
"Face Meets Glass" by Actors
"Tide"  by Tiny Deaths
"Crash and Burn" by Solitary Experiments
"Distance" by MNYNMS
"Fragile" by Daily Planet
"Marlene Dietrich's Favorite Poem" by Peter Murphy

Comments

Popular Posts