My current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! For a four day work week, it sure felt like my usual five day work week. Heard a lot of great music this week (new and old alike).

Finally got the new Sleepthief album Mortal Longing in the mail the other day. The wait was so worth it. The music is stunning, so perfect to listen to after work. My current favorite song is "The Wood Beyond the Wall" featuring Kirsty Hawkshaw which is featured on this week's playlist.

Another great song I have been listening to this week is Valerie Renay's "Sailor", the first single off her debut solo album Your Own Shadow which comes out in early September. The song is darker and less polished than her work with pop noir group Noblesse Oblige but fantastic nonetheless.  I also included my favorite Noblesse Oblige song "Runaway" which is how I became a big fan of their music. Whenever I have an annoying earworm stuck in my head, I would remedy the situation by listening to "Runaway" a few times repeatedly. LOL!

Of course I have a couple of tracks ("At Summer's End" and "Lullaby For Marguerite") by Autumn (US band) on my playlist, one from Chandelier (which is most likely going to be #1 on my annual best of list) and the other track is from their second album Return to the Breath. The band is currently on tour right now you can check their Facebook page for dates. If they come to your town I so strongly recommend checking them out. They are fantastic live. Their CD release party I went to in June is easily my favorite show of the summer but then again I have been stuck at home for most of the summer because I have adult things that takes priority first over concerts (better than the shitfest I went through last year though).

This morning before work while eating breakfast, I got to hear "FireBird", a track off the new Ashbury Heights album The Victorian Wallflowers. I personally think it is fantastic but apparently the trolls on YouTube thinks otherwise. While I think the sound is a little more poppy than on previous AH albums, I do like this new song a lot.  I can hardly wait to get my copy of the new album which I had pre-ordered last month.

I know I have already mentioned the new releases by MNYNMS and Solitary Experiments in a previous blog entry but I will mention them again and say that their new EPs are so good.

Got some oldies but goodies including in the mix like "Ghost Love Score" by Nightwish, "Uber den Horizont" by Blutengel (easily my favorite Blutengel track of all time), a couple of tracks from Daily Planet ( a Swedish synthpop band I discovered via Facebook not long ago and have become a  fan of), Noblesse Oblige, Autumn, Arch Enemy, and The Foreign Resort.

Songs to check out:
"Sailor" by Valerie Renay
"The Wood Beyond the Wall" by Sleepthief"
"FireBird" by Ashbury Heights
"ANACHRON" by Solitary Experiments
"Know" by MNYNMS
"At Summer's End" by Autumn



Comments

Popular Posts