Playlist of the week

Awhile back I created a playlist of my favorite cover songs. I eventually deleted it because I wanted to re-do it. Over the weekend I created a new playlist of my favorite cover songs. I was inspired to create a new playlist when I heard Brothertiger's cover of the Tears for Fears classic "Everybody Wants to Rule the World". There is a lot of synthpop on this playlist but I have include a little pop music, Social Distortion's version of "Ring of Fire", and Johnny Cash's classic interpretation of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails. I am not going to lie I absolutely adore Steps' version of Benny Andersson Band's classic pop song "Story of a Heart". It is so addictive to listen to with hits infectious pop hooks. I enjoy the original version but Steps' interpretation gives it a modern pop sound. All of the songs on this playlist are as good as the originals, and some even better (i.e Social Distortion's "Ring of Fire").

Songs to check out:
"Everybody Wants to Rule the World"by Brothertiger
"Hymn" by Kirlian Camera
"Hotel California" by Noblesse Oblige
"Promise" by Marsheaux
"Friday I'm in Love" by Cosmic Armchair
"Invincible" by Ayria
"Story of a Heart" by Steps
"Go West" by Pet Shop Boys

Comments

Popular Posts