Album of the week

Last week I discovered the delightful dreampop sounds of Hatchie, Australian artist Harriet Pilbeam. Keepsake is her full length album that came out back in late June. She released her debut EP Sugar and Spice last year (I need to give that a listen sometime this week). I discovered Hatchie on Spotify, her song "Her Own Heart" came on after I finished listening to a playlist and within seconds I was hooked. When I listened to her full length album Keepsake, I was definitely converted into a fan. Hatchie reminds me of a more uptempo version of Mazzy Star  and The Sundays thrown in with some Tamaryn, and Tashaki Miyazaki. Perfect summertime music for me. Love shoegaze music and Hatchie's music is right up my alley. I recently bought a ticket for her upcoming show at 7th St Entry next month, link posted below the Bandcamp mini-player.



Hatchie with Orchin and Deeper at 7th St Entry on 9/14

Comments

Popular Posts