What I have been listening to this past week

Here is everything I have listened to in the past week. I spent a lot of time listening to podcasts in particular. I had to listen to Real Crime Profile episodes on the Netfix true crime docuseries The Keepers (if you haven't watched that, I definitely recommend watching it for TC fans). Laura Richards (who made a guest appearance on my favorite TC podcast The Vanished Podcast on the disappearance of Amy Sher which is a really sad yet compelling episode) is on Real Crime Profiles which is what led me to that particular podcast. I definitely fell down that rabbit hole for the past several days. I might have to re-watch The Keepers again. It isn't a pleasant subject but it is fascinating.

Listened to Tori Amos's Little Earthquakes for the first time in many years. I completely forgot how good that album is and how much I love Tori Amos's earlier music. After From the Choirgirl Hotel, Tori's music became more sporadic for me and eventually I just moved on.

WINGTIPS and Iris released new albums yesterday. Love the new WINGTIPS album already, need to listen to the new Iris album a few more times to give a final judgement. Not terribly impressed with the new 3Teeth album to be honest but my taste in music in recent years has been more into the post-punk/darkwave/shoegaze sound than industrial sound.

While listening to The Current Rewind podcast episode on Hmong music, I discovered Jasmine Tierra who is a beautiful, talented black singer who just happens to sing Hmong music. She lives in Texas. Of course my curiosity was piqued. I was impressed after listening to her new album Efflorescence. Jasmine is a terrific singer. She learned the Hmong language through singing and with the help of the local Hmong community. Andrea Swensson host of The Current Rewind talks to her in the latest episode.

Albums:
































Playlists:






Podcasts:
Dateline NBC
Casefile True Crime
The Vanished Podcast
Good Food
The Current Rewind
Real Crime Profile
Keep It!
Rolling Stone Music Now
The Jump With Shirley Manson
The Cheryl Reeve Show
The Unofficial Expert

Comments

Popular Posts