My current favorite songs of the week

This week's playlist is shorter than usual. Didn't listen to a heck of a lot of music since I was in a fairly bad mood at work. There is a good mix of old and new music from country to shoegaze. New Sleater-Kinney album is out today. I like it a lot but at the same time I understand why Janet Weiss chose to move on and leave the band, because of the direction the band was going in on the new album. The country supergroup The Highwomen released a 3 song EP. My favorite track on it is "Highwomen". Very old school country, no pop influence whatsoever in it. Thank heavens for that because pop music has really ruined the country music genre in the past 2 decades. Definitely was in a metal mood this week with tracks by Children of Bodom, Lacuna Coil, Sabaton, and Within Temptation. CoB is probably the only band I could not get into. Music sounds too repetitive.

Songs to check out:

"Can I Go On" by Sleater-Kinney
"Highwomen" by The Highwomen
"Unwanted Guest" by Hatchie
"Flamme" by RAN
"Figurine" by Ladytron

Comments

Popular Posts