Album of the week

While at work today, the skies got really dark and it rained for a bit. Perfect weather for me to listen to my favorite Goldfrapp album for that kind of weather.  I discovered Goldfrapp when CNN once had a half hour show on music late Saturday nights. I think it was called World Music. This program aired back in the late '90s. One night the program featured Goldfrapp and music from their debut album Felt Mountain. The rest is history. Of all the albums Goldfrapp released, Felt Mountain remains my personal favorite (with The Tales of Us and Seventh Tree right behind it). I like some of the group's electroclash tracks but there is also a lot that I am no crazy about.  For me personally, I prefer it when Goldfrapp turn it down and create music that I can chill too after work or on the weekends. And after 18 years since its release, Felt Mountain still sounds fresh and new to my ears. The music is absolutely captivating to listen to after a long day at work.

Comments

Popular Posts