Album of the week

For this week's Album of the Week, I chose the second album Futha by the Nordic folk/metal band Heilung. I discovered Heilung just weeks after I started listening to SKALD. Through Spotify, I found Heilung's music. Not completely sure which song it was that first introduced me to Heilung but I am thinking it was either "Traust" or "Othan". I have not been able to stop listening to the album since I bought the album on CD a couple of weekends ago. As much as I like the SKALD album I bought last month, I really like Heilung's sound just slightly more because it has more of an organic, natural sound, and the band's physical presence doesn't come off as schlocky. If you are a fan of bands that specializes in throat singing like The HU, Hanggai, and SKALD, Heilung would be right up your alley.

Comments

Popular Posts