What I have been listening to this past week

This past week has been a great week for (new) music. I discovered some great new Nordic bands that creates traditional Nordic folk music not all that different from the sounds of The HU and Hanggai except different cultures. I just got back from a trip to the Electric Fetus. I bought the debut album by Hatchie and the new album by Heilung. I wanted to get the new Bananarama album but it was not there (it was last weekend) but I am not complaining. I absolutely adore the dreampop sounds of Keepsake by Hatchie. This is the dreampop album that I was expecting from Tamaryn but was so let down. I am glad I was able to find a physical copy of the album while at the record store. Same can be said about Futha by Heilung. Back to Hatchie, she is playing 7th St Entry in September, I am so going to be there.

Another great album I just started listening to this week is Death Before Mourning by Lady Midnight. The daughter of a former coworker worked on the video for "Bloodsong" which my former coworker posted online and I immediately fell in love with the song. The entire album is great.

I am going to try to give the new Berlin album another go this week. Maybe I just need to listen to the album a few more times for the music to sink into my head.

I really wasn't expecting to like the new Bananarama album In Stereo but I did despite my loathing for today's EDM music. Their music is a mix of EDM and pop (ala Kylie Minogue). Music is a lot of fun to listen to, a nice break from all the folk/metal and post-punk music I listen to on a daily basis. I still plan on buying a physical copy later down the road.

Still love the new Ocean Blue and Graveyard Club albums. 2019 is really turning out to be an amazing year for music as was 2018.

Albums:






























Playlists:








Podcasts:
Dateline NBC
Keep It!
Jemele Hill is Unbothered
Fake the Nation
The Vanished Podcast
Casefile True Crime

Comments

Popular Posts