My current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! I thought the weekend would never get it but it finally did. Here is this week's playlist. It is a good mix of new and old music. Got some past faves I have posted on my playlist as well as some new tracks and classics.

I was planning to go out to the Lady Midnight show at The Turf Club but my mood has been shitty all day so home it is. If you haven't heard Lady Midnight's album Death Before Mourning, I so recommend giving it a listen. I have been listening to the album all week. Damn shame I have been in a foul mood all day (because of work) otherwise I would be attending tonight's show. My current favorite song by Lady Midnight is "Ode to a Burning Building".

My personal favorite song this week is "Sugar and Spice" by Hatchie. I have been listening to music every damn day this week. "Sugar and Spice" is from her 2018 debut EP of the same title. Hatchie's music is what the new Tamaryn album should have sounded like but it didn't and the music left me terribly disappointed. The first 2-3 tracks Tamaryn's Dreaming of the Dark started off strong but then the album just went downhill for me. "Angels of Sweat" is my favorite song off Tamaryn's new album. I would totally go see Hatchie and Tamaryn live if they were to ever to tour together. I have included another song from Hatchie from her full length album. I just love her brand of dreampop/shoegaze. Her sound is very reminiscent of Mazzy Star, The Sundays, and Cocteau Twins but more poppier. So looking forward to her show at 7th St Entry next month.

Bat for Lashes has a new song out called "The Hunger". Definitely plan on buying her new album whenever it is released.

The new Drab Majesty album is starting to grow on me since I have listened to it a few more times this week. It is not as monotonous as it initially sounded to me.

Songs to check out:
"Sugar and Spice" by Hatchie
"Kiss the Stars" by Hatchie
"Do You Feel It" by Westkust
"I'm On Fire" by Bananarama
"Sjalvmedicinering" by Hurula
"Ode to a Burning Building" by Lady Midnight
"Nowhere to Go" by Grace Blue
"The Hunger" by Bat For Lashes

Comments

Popular Posts