Playlist of the week

I have updated my playlist of my favorite songs (currently) of 2019 over the weekend after hearing some really excellent new music last week. Last week I discovered the dreampop sounds of Hatchie (who will be playing 7th St Entry on 9/14, I just bought my ticket for that show today) and local act Lady Midnight. I have been listening to their albums all weekend long. I also bought a physical copy of Hatchie's album Keepsake over the weekend (along with Heilung's Futha album). I am particularly a huge fan of Keepsake. The music is a mix of Mazzy Star, Lush, and The Sundays. Her album has some really great, memorable pop hooks. All of the songs are great but the song that grabbed my attention courtesy of Spotify is "Her Own Heart" featured on the playlist.

As for Lady Midnight, I have been really digging her brand of r and b and experimental electronic music on her debut album Death Before Mourning. There is an album release party for the album at The Turf Club this Friday. Unless I end up being in a bad mood from work, I am definitely planning on attending the show. Love her song "Bloodsong" which the daughter of a former coworker worked on the video. I have included the song on my playlist.

I think it was Friday at work when I gave the new Bananarama album In Stereo a listen (along with the new Berlin album Transcedence). I didn't have much expectations for the new Bananarama album but much to my surprise I found myself enjoying the album. The music is straight forward pop music with some modern EDM influences woven through out the entire album. "Love in Stereo" is my current favorite song from the album. Unfortunately I wasn't all that impressed with the new Berlin album (will give it another shot though). I do though like the song "On My Knee" quite a bit.

Love the new Neuroticfish song "Fluchtreflex". Go check it out! Also love Echo Signal's cover of "Heroes" by David Bowie. They performed that song live over a week ago at their album release party.

Songs to check out:
"Her Own Heart" by Hatchie
"Bloodsong" by Lady Midnight
"Love in Stereo" by Bananarama
"Heroes" by Echo Signal
"Witchcraft" by Graveyard Club
"Kings and Queens" by The Ocean Blue

Comments

Popular Posts